We trust in Jesus Christ as our Savior, acknowledge Him Lord of all, and through Him believe in one God taking three forms: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- Jude 1:25 – …to the only God, our Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion, and authority, before all time and now and forever. Amen.
- John 14:26 – But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you.
- Matthew 28:19 – Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,…
- Luke 3:22 – …and the Holy Spirit descended on him in bodily form, like a dove; and a voice came from heaven, “You are my beloved Son; with you I am well pleased.”
- Luke 4:1 – And Jesus, full of the Holy Spirit, returned from the Jordan and was led by the Spirit in the wilderness.
- John 20:22 – And when he had said this, he breathed on them and said to them, “Receive the Holy Spirit.”
- 2 Corinthians 13:14 – The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ and the love of God and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
We believe that we live in a fallible world where it is assumed that people should experience consequences for their negative actions; yet voluntarily, Jesus agreed to die on the cross for their wrong-doings, substituting himself, so that people who trust in Jesus alone may be forgiven and live an eternal life in Heaven. Through his sacrifice, Jesus placed significance on grace and mercy rather than an emphasis on performance of good deeds.
- John 1:29 – The next day he saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, “Behold, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!
- John 3:16 – For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
- Romans 5:17 – For if, because of one man’s trespass, death reigned through that one man, much more will those who receive the abundance of grace and the free gift of righteousness reign in life through the one man Jesus Christ.
- Romans 5:21 – …so that, as sin reigned in death, grace also might reign through righteousness leading to eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
- Ephesians 2:8-9 – For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast.
- Romans 11:6 – But if it is by grace, it is no longer on the basis of works; otherwise grace would no longer be grace.
We believe that people are still influenced and impacted by God through the actions and movement of the Holy Spirit, an encounter that is personal and not defined by doctrine or denomination. Through this encounter, people are empowered to live a life that honors and glorifies a loving and compassionate God.
- Acts 2:38 – And Peter said to them, “Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
We believe the benefits of love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control outweigh the foreseen benefits of the world and can be discovered and realized through a genuine relationship with God.
- Galatians 5:19-24 – Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions, envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. And those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.